One of my favorite things about Instagram is being able to get a sneak peak into the lives of artists I admire....like designer and illustrator, Rob Wilson of Dallas, Texas. He draws the most ingenious and aesthetically pleasing things and as his style feels a bit mid century and Scandinavian to me, I love him all the more. If you follow Rob, you know he has a cute dog, Maisie, who is often featured in his Instagram posts. So when I asked Rob to share his Peach Picks for this season, he happily did so. And happily for the rest of us, his picks are....
all about dogs.
1. Hair of the Dog Flask, $24. What can I say? It's the holidays and we all need extra gulps of Christmas cheer.
2. Chewed, $25. My dog Maisie and I have mourned many chewed up toys and this book reminds me of many of them.
3. White Dog sweatshirt, $145. Designer Nicole Musselman's sly wit shines through in this bold, stylish sweater.
4. Eleonor Bostrom ceramics, from $24. We are 1976 is one of my favorite stores in Dallas- you never know what owners Vynsie, Julie and Derek have found on their world travels. These quirky ceramic dogs from Eleonor Bostrom in Sweden caught my attention. They're almost like two dimensional scribbles come to life. (available in store only at We are 1976)
6. Dog luggage, $40. I definitely would've wanted this as a kid. Instead, I had a giant and furry cat head overnight bag.
7. Letterpress card, $5. The handsome craftsmanship of this letterpress stationery, all made in Dallas, is a signature of designer, Lily Smith + Kirkley.
9. Pets Behaving Badly prints, $150. I recently created this boxed set of 10 risograph prints called "Pets Behaving Badly" for Erin Cluley's gallery. It's a limited edition of 50 sets, printed by Constance Studio in New Orleans. The mixed media illustrations are drawn from my personal experiences of having cats and dogs. (I won't tell you the outcome of the cat meeting my parakeet)